Instructions for BackCheck
All staff members over the age of 18 are required to complete a criminal record check. We have an easy online method for this, but we also accept record checks from your local police station, if you prefer. If you do not use BackCheck for your police check, we will need you to mail or bring the physical copy of your record check to camp.
***PLEASE SUBMIT THIS INFORMATION BEFORE APRIL 1ST OF YOUR YEAR OF EMPLOYMENT***
myBackCheck.com’s Criminal Record Check step-by-step instructions:
- Click here to enter the BackCheck site; locate "Camp Ouareau" on the list of camps, then register, creating a username and password.
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation of registration e-mail from myBackCheck.com. Open it and click on the web link to activate your myBackCheck.com account.
- Type in your username and password to log in. Once logged in click on the "Inbox" tab at the top of the page to find your Invitation.
- Click on the CCA Invitation, which will allow you to click "Accept and Continue" to move forward with your check.
- Follow the steps and pay online by credit card ($29 plus tax).
- After the purchase is complete, click on “my Account” and then click "Continue" to proceed with the criminal record check.
- Enter your identity information.
- Disclose any criminal records. These details will be used by the police department to verify any potential record you may have, so remember to be as accurate as possible.
- Review the Term and Conditions.
- Verify your ID online, or if you do not pass the ID online process, print the Canada Post ID Verification Form and take it to your nearest participating Canada Post location to have your IDs verified and submitted to myBackCheck.com. No money needs to be given to the Canada Post representative as this payment is included in the initial fee through the myBackCheck.com site.
That’s it! Results of your check will be processed and the results released within one business day. Your results will be shared with Ouareau at the same time that they are released to you.
You can also (in the future) go into your myBackCheck.com account and share the results of your CRC with another organization or business by indicating online where you would like the results to go to, at no extra cost to you. Click here for a video demo on how to share your CRC results.
If needed, For technical support you may reach the myBackCheck Department at 1-877-455-6699